Thursday, October 31, 2013

Abortion Restriction

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/abortion-restrictions-in-oklahoma-ready-for-supreme-court-review/2013/10/29/7158563a-40da-11e3-a751-f032898f2dbc_story.html

2. Level: National

3. Category: Health Policy

4. This article is about abortion restrictions that have been recently considered unconstitutional in Oklahoma.

5. This could affect citizens all over the United States. These individuals that would be wanting an abortion may find it difficult if the restrictions were deemed unconstitutional.

6. According to the article about the new abortion restrictions, Oklahoma has demanded a review. I think some of the restrictions that have been previously considered may make some harsh demands. I am not for abortion nor do I support the clinics that do those procedures. I do agree everyone has the right to do what they think is right. It is a fine line for many people. Of course abortion being as controversial as it is, it is hard to talk about with out having a clear stand for one side or the other. I believe this is why the government has struggled to make everyone happy in the law making processes. Someone will always disagree with the law. Oklahoma is stating that the new law is unconstitutional because it "effectively bans all medication abortions". If this is true then the law would not say that FDA protocol must be followed. Oklahoma is wanting to protect woman's health and I think there should be exceptions that protect those women. We want the best for ourselves as citizens. Personally, I think it would be much safer to not have abortions and the least amount of medication we are putting I our bodies, the better. On the other hand, I think that the law is really limiting human rights. We do certainly need regulations so that immoral acts do not occur. Like I said, before it is a fine line for this topic and a lot of gray areas do exist. When reading this article I found out I do still have a lot of questions about the abortion laws. There are many different aspects that should be considered than just those that are frequently talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment