Friday, October 11, 2013

Goverment shutdown effects ripple out to more than federal workforce

Article #2

1. Government shutdowns effect ripple out to more than the federal workforce 

2. Category of problem: Economy/political

3. Level of problem: National

4. The article concerns with how many Americans other than federal workers are being effected by the government shutdown.

5. How it affect individuals:
The article really put it into perspective on many individuals whom are being affected by the shutdown. People who have invested their time and hard earned many into their jobs can no longer get the rewards of what they were expecting to get before the shutdown. Individuals with children especially are being to see the effect of not their children not being able to attend certain government funded schools. The article really made me think twice as to which type of career pathway I take that has any relations to the government funding. Overall everyone is being affected by the shutdown not just the federal workers.

6. My view:
The article caught my eye because, I had no idea how critical the shutdown has been. To me this is historic because I have never have understood a shutdown as like when it happened 17 years ago. I am thankful that I am not effected with my job, it makes me see how unfortunate the shutdown has been for many Americans. There are so many people who work so hard at their jobs, and just like that within an overnight decision they have nothing. I just hope this shutdown comes to an agreement, something needs to happen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment