1. Jay Root, Julian Aguilar. ( 2013, Sept 12) Cruz Tries to Claim the Middle Ground on Immigration. New York Times. A17A.
2. Category of problem: immigration
3. Level of problem: national
4. This article concerns: Ted Cruz kind of went back on how conservative his view on immigration is and now the conservatives are ragging on him. Also talks about immigration reform and what the different barriers are to citizenship.
5. Importance/affect on families/individuals:
Immigration concerns everyone. Even Ted Cruz' dad had his personal story about coming to America and living the American dream. If they deport people it breaks up families. But if they just have an open door and say hey everyone come stay at our place forever, it would be too much. The majority of Texans are Hispanic and they're going to want their friends and family here with them and they're going to be looking for a representative that is light on immigration.
6. What I think about this: