Saturday, September 21, 2013

Should Young Adults Stay on Their Parents' Health-Insurance Plan?

2. Health/Medical/Young Adults
3. National
4. A policy affecting families and young adults.

5. This is an important matter regarding availability of health insurance for young adults who may be attending college or in early stages of their career.
6. I personally have benefited from this policy. I don't agree with everything about the Affordable Health Care Act, but being able to stay on my parents' insurance plan throughout college and while barely having enough money to pay rent, car payment, etc. has made life more manageable for me. I think that there should be stipulations such as children receiving health care in different states than where their parents live maybe shouldn't be eligible, and their salary should definitely be taken into account.

1.














No comments:

Post a Comment